Friday, August 21, 2020

Pandan Jelly Cake

This is my mother's 'Mother's Day Cake' for all time, every year. My eldest sister will order this from our hometown, Taiping on Mother's Day. Well, this is the 7th year after she passed away, and it's has been quite sometime I have not taste this cake. Going through the youtube during this COVID lockdown time... to pass my bored time.. and accidentally found this. And copied down the recipe for future reference, thinking to bake it this coming weekend. Well, I will update the post with the pictures once I bake it.

Every meal/dish always bring back some good memories for us, reminding us to someone 'special' to you. Hopefully I can master this cake and bake it every year on Mother's day to remember my dearest mother in the heaven. 每个人都有他们自己特别的食物,带领着我们走入内心的美好记忆。。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpdgY4LkYvs&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0im0u0Vz8A3y3UKGoYMRXDlIb6NV1vumiHxcuhXYHFIzX4oO4xvQ0UkKk

Ingredients 蛋糕材料:
4 egg yolks  (粒蛋黄)
40g (5 tbsp) caster sugar  (幼糖)
80g corn oil (粟米油)
80ml pandan juice (班兰汁)
120g (10.5 tbsp) plain flour (面粉)
1/2 tsp baking powder  (小匙发粉)
4 egg whites (粒蛋白)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (小匙塔塔粉)
80g (1/3 cups) caster sugar (幼糖)    

Filling 班兰咖椰材料:
500ml coconut milk (浓椰浆)
1 pack of hoen kwe flour (85g-7.5 tbsp) (包白色印尼綠豆粉(85g))
1/2 tsp salt (小匙盐)
170g (2/3 cups) caster sugar (幼糖) 
4 tsp agar - agar powder  (小匙燕菜粉)
4 tsp instant jelly powder  (小匙即溶遮哩粉)
600ml pandan juice (班兰汁)

中空模 Tubepan size is 20cm(8")

No comments:

Post a Comment